“A documented strategy is often a key indicator of content marketing success.”
If you recognize the value that thought leadership content provides in creating brand awareness, generating leads, and boosting conversions, but lack the human resources to create a successful content strategy, contact me.
Elements of a winning content marketing strategy
- Identifying where your audience consumes content and the topics that are most relevant to them
- Content inventories and content audits to evaluate your current content health against strategic objectives
- Gap analysis to identify areas where content is weak or lacking
- Editorial calendar development across the enterprise and at granular levels, including individual web properties, newsletters, and calendars used for blog management and guest bloggers
- Promotional strategies, including social media
- Intranet content inventory and audit, education technology: I led a cross-functional team from a global education technology company (Promethean), to create a full inventory of their intranet content, as well as audit and gap analysis to ensure that all existing and new content aligned with strategic goals. We then completed a restructure of the entire site to execute the developed strategy.
- Online community editorial calendar development, education technology: I developed the editorial calendar for Promethean Planet, an online global community of teachers that currently has almost 2 million members. The calendar incorporated plans for monthly editorial themed articles, blog posts and guest bloggers, teacher success stories, teacher lesson highlights, channel partner spotlights, news stories, home page content and community group additions. As a result, the editorial team was able to create and source content months in advance, resulting in more efficient operations, and a site that continually served up fresh content for visitors.
- Blog editorial calendar development, including management of guest bloggers: I helped identify and schedule topics and guest bloggers for Promethean Planet, an online global teacher community that currently has almost 2 million members. I also wrote blog posts and managed guest bloggers, resulting in a rich contribution of blog content from education thought leaders, and a steady stream of new content and ideas for readers.
- Newsletter editorial calendar development, channel partner audience: I created the editorial calendar for a monthly marketing newsletter aimed at channel partner sales and marketing teams for a global education technology company (Promethean). The newsletter promoted the latest updates to the organization’s sales and partner portal. Working with product management, sales, channel and marketing teams, I developed a calendar that facilitated content contribution from a variety of functional areas within the organization to continuously deliver new, relevant content to readers that increased visitors to the portal.
- Newsletter editorial calendar development, healthcare profession audience: I developed the editorial calendar for TPA SpeedLetter, a monthly newsletter for members of the nonprofit organization, Texas Pharmacy Association. Incorporating industry events and current issues, the calendar not only increased the value of the publication due to more relevant content, but also helped facilitate more efficient editorial operations, and improved on-time delivery of the newsletter each month.
- Magazine editorial calendar development, healthcare profession audience: I created the first editorial calendar for Texas Pharmacy magazine, a quarterly publication for pharmacy health professionals in the state of Texas. The new calendar allowed the editorial team to create content months in advance, as well as more efficiently solicit pieces written by association members and pharmacy leaders. The result was a publication full of fresh perspectives on issues important to the publication’s readers.
For help with your company’s editorial calendars, social media, or other content marketing strategy efforts, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free consultation.